Monday, December 17, 2012

Year One. Day Nine: "Ba, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas" (2006)

Day Nine of my Advent Christmas Carol Challenge:

"Ba, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas." (2006)

Seeing as I was mid flight on the way to Florida (and on very little sleep,) I allowed myself to enjoy a version of the story that would ask very little of me. It did the job wonderfully.

As with all the Looney Tunes cartoons, the animation is sharp and impressive but the script it where it really shines - witty, full of puns and always enjoyably mean spirited.

Daffy Duck is our Scrooge for this tale, while the rest of the regulars play the supporting roles as employees in Daffy's supermarket.

While it varies greatly from the original text, the same old elements are all in place (greed-ghosts-generosity,) and I was surprised that they actually presented the ghosts in the way they were depicted in the original book.

As fruity and as naughty as Mrs. Fezziwig's Christmas pudding.

"Ba, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas." (2006) 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment